Monday, November 17, 2008

make up your goddamn mind!


This happens to me almost every time I work. There are these two women who work at the hospital. Every day they come and stand in line and every single time they don't know what to order. After a long debate between themselves while holding up the entire line, they share a single tall latte. What bugs me is that they order the same damn drink every single time. *sigh...

Oh another thing that grinds my gears [haha] is when people come up and order drip coffee. I love drip coffee and when I go out I usually order it too, but there's a freaking sign that says we do not serve drip coffee in the espresso stand. How can they miss seeing that sign! It's obtrusive and brightly colored. *sigh... Normally
when
people are told we do not sell drip coffee, they order americanos. However what the heck is up with people when told we do not have drip, they get white chocolate mochas, extra chocolate, extra whip and nonfat milk. How do you go from that plain coffee to the ticking heart attack/diabetes time bomb? And just because you drink it with nonfat milk does not make it okay to splurge on everything else.

Why is it that people are so indecisive? I know I'm indecisive too but at least I'll stand off to the side while wondering what to order before I get into line. I think our society is too structured. From birth to death, our lives locked in for us. It's like we are climbing a ladder. When we are born we mill around the bottom of the ladder until we have the self-awareness to start climbing (the age we start school) and if we don't continue to climb we are seen as socially inept. As children we are made to go to elementary school and for what? So we can go to middle school. Why do we go to middle school? So we can go to high school. Why do we go to high school? So we can go to college? Why do we go to college? So we can get a good job? Why do we get jobs? So we can support our families? And why must we do this? So we can send our children to school. I mean what the heck?

The only acceptable choices in life are the ones that let us climb this ladder. I've come to realize that it doesn't matter what major I choose or what job I get. It will only influence how fast I climb this ladder. A ladder I don't even know why I have to climb [well, I do but still...]. *sigh...

Since our lives are so rigid and structured I think people unconsciously try to be indecisive with trivial things just for the sake of being indecisive. The more indecisive you are, the more your trying to resist life's ladder. Just don't do it when I'm taking your drink order.

(btw.. I made the picture, except for the ladder)

6 comments:

☆光 said...

HAHAHAHAHA
``i made the picture. except for the ladder.``

hey!
i personally order white chocolate mochas with extra whipped cream & white chocolate.. but with regular milk. who knew a ``ticking heart attack / diabetes time bomb`` would be this freaking awesome? d: but gosh some of your customers are retarded. you should serve them something other than what they ordered -- they probably wouldn`t be able to tell the difference anyway.. pretentious pricks.

decisions, decisions. yes, i can`t stand people who can`t make decisions either. am i indecisive, too? ): next time i am, i hereby give you permission to punch me in the arm [yeah, sorry, not the face].

i think we climb this socially structured ladder so we can be socially happy in this socially standardized world [:

WORLEISL!
ah, i like this part.

lyung said...

I hope you don't mind that I stumbled upon your blog... I'll probably read and comment on each post you write. And Debbie is correct, your writing is pretty smooth. Though.. there are some grammar mistakes.. but I suppose you don't care about those. By the way, when you and your brother use the term "god damn" it offends me, so if you could not, or atleast try not to, I would greatly appreciate it. You may inform your brother if you wish.

lyung said...

Also it seems you don't want to climb this "social" ladder because you don't know what you want to do... if you're worried about what people will think if you don't keep climbing the ladder, well you care about your image too much. I'm not saying ignore everyone else's opinions or reactions, but don't let them shape who you are. It's a balance... like everything in life.

jonathankang said...

sam?

☆光 said...

ahaha
PIGSONAH





please update your blog
it gives me the happies
[:

lyung said...

update!! I want to read into the brain of Sam Kim

zomg I sound like sylar